Ethiopia

Ethiopia

Friday, November 27, 2015

Day 49 - My Mom




I have been inspired by my mom. And, joy is but one emotion that I have experienced in her presence. 

I grew up surrounded by music. Often with my mom playing the piano and singing. Though everyone was blessed in my family with musicality…I was not. Perhaps I can sing, but not always on key, or on the right notes. Nonetheless, I have music in me.

In my teens, my mom sang with a trio. I can’t quite remember if they had accompaniment, but let’s say they didn’t. My mom sang the high notes, the ones up above the lines on sheet music. She has a crystal clear voice that evokes emotion. Though I may not have been blessed with pitch or tone or rhythm, I can hear the notes glide through the space that separates us, and I am changed. Thank you for that gift Mom. I love you.

My sister Tobi, my mom, and me in Morocco.


No comments:

Post a Comment